One of the last steps before you close is to complete your digital checkout via your online dashboard. This helps us ensure your home is in the same condition as it was during the assessment and that it’s completely empty.
Digital Checkout Checklist:
1. Clean out your home
Make sure the home, yard, and exterior premises are completely empty of all personal items, debris and trash. Don’t worry about deep cleaning, broom-swept is fine.
- Items to leave: All built-in kitchen appliances, extra keys and remotes. Anything attached to the house should remain with it.
- Contract specific: Please reference your purchase agreement or get in contact with your Experience Partner for information on what was agreed to for the fridge, washer & dryer.
- Up to you: Extra paint/tiles/flooring- please notify your Experience Partner if you plan to leave these behind because there could be costs associated with leaving them.
2. Complete your digital checkout
Follow the instructions on your dashboard to upload a few quick pictures of your home. This helps us confirm the home:
- Is in the same condition as it was during the assessment (e.g. no major damage since we were last there).
- Is vacant: all items inside and outside have been removed, including bulk trash. Any items left behind may be subject to a removal charge and could potentially delay closing.
If you have any difficulty uploading photos, please reach out to your Experience Partner.
3. Leave your utilities on
Please schedule your utilities to remain active until three days after your move out date. We use that time to make sure we can get all accounts transferred to Opendoor’s name. We try to have all utilities changed on the day you close.
4. Leave your keys
During your home assessment, our estimator left behind a lockbox with instructions. Please put your front door key in the lockbox and leave it in one of three places: the front door handle, the front hose bib, or the exterior gas meter. You can leave all other keys (e.g. mail key, pool key, gate key) and related items (e.g. garage opener, appliance warranties, warranties) on the kitchen counter before you leave, and lock the door on your way out. Please do not bring your keys to your signing appointment.
If you misplaced your lockbox, please find a secure location for your keys and contact your Experience Partner to let them know where it is.
5. Forward your mail
In case you haven’t already, please contact the USPS to to your new address. Also, please be aware of any packages that may be coming soon from shipping services such as and . Consider contacting them directly to make the necessary arrangements.
Need a few extra days to pack and move after you close?
We offer a Late Checkout program that enables you to close your home sale, receive your proceeds, and temporarily rent back your home from Opendoor for up to 14 days. A daily fee and refundable security deposit apply. Visit your dashboard to learn more.