Putting down an earnest deposit shows the seller you’re serious about buying their home. If you change your mind about the home, your agent is here to help. They’ll guide you through all your options, like what repairs or costs to negotiate. Or if you want to walk away from the deal, they’ll let you know whether or not you'll get your earnest deposit back.
Need more help? Contact us.
Articles in this section
- Why do I have to make an earnest deposit? Do I get it back?
- How much should I offer?
- What makes an offer competitive?
- Can I choose my Buying Agent?
- Can I switch Buying Agents?
- How are pre-approval and pre-qualification letters different?
- Which contingencies should I consider including in my offer?
- I see a pending property I want to make an offer on. Is that possible?
- What should I consider writing in an offer letter?
- What should I consider when pricing my offer below asking price?